1. If you’ve ever gotten up and turned on the t.v. so that it would be on when they woke up… Surely if they see Doc McStuffins, they won’t come into your room for a good 30 minutes.
2. If you have to be somewhere to be at 9 a.m. and while looking at the alarm rationalize that you can get all three kids fed, dressed and out the door in under thirty minutes. “Well, I’m convinced,” you say as you roll back over at 8:15.
3. When it’s 8 in the morning and you are already planning for a nap. Yours…not theirs.
4. If you have ever let your kids go to bed in the clothes you plan on them wearing the next day. Don’t judge me. The girl likes sleeping in dresses and dresses are clothes and you can wear clothes in public. I win.
5. If the first person up in your house gets death threats if they wake the others, you are not a morning person.
6. You might not be a morning person mom if you call to make a last minute appointment at the doctor and they say, “We can see you at 8.” And you think, “Heck no, you can’t!”
7. If the first word you say in the morning is crap when you hear a kid wake up.
8. When you read someone’s Facebook status and see that they have “watched a show, made breakfast, and done laundry” all before 8 o’clock and instead of feeling impressed, you are really glad you aren’t them.
9. When you know if you don’t get up, you won’t have enough time to eat breakfast but starving sounds more delicious.
10. If you feel put out by having to put on sweatpants and consider that “having to get ready”, you might not be a morning person mom.
11. If someone calls you from a doctor’s office, family member, or friend before 9 in the morning and your first thought is, “It’s early! Why are they calling me?” Oh…because most moms have been up for two hours by then.
12. When you spend the night at your in-laws and send your kids to their room in the morning, you might not be a morning person….or your in-laws favorite. This is real life. Except my in-laws love me anyways. That’s good because I hadn’t planned on stopping the whole send my kids upstairs thing.
13. Every morning you lay in bed and have a moment where you consider cancelling all appointments and educational experiences for your kids for the day. Let’s just lay around and not have to be anywhere and give ourselves sweet time to wake up gently. In all seriousness, I don’t have a kid in school yet but thought while doing my make-up yesterday that one day a year I think I will just keep them home for fun. Don’t push me on this because I already went through all the imaginary conversations I’m going to have to have with staff for why they weren’t at school that day. I’m ready.
14. When you hear your first child wake up and pray with all seriousness that they will go back to sleep. It’s a real prayer and you pray it daily and you have no shame to pray it over and over again. “Dear God, I’m still serious today like yesterday at 7:30. Please, if there is anyway they can go back to sleep….”
15. If your face lights up when you find a morning show for them on On Demand that is a double or triple episode. Oh, thank you sweet, sweet Disney for combining too many shows continuously.
Pin, Share & Enjoy!
Image Source: www.geekphiloshper.com Free stock images for personal and commercial use.